Wednesday 30 September 2015

Arugula and Blue Cheese Salad


A good salad story for a salad blog post… now that is a challenge! How many good salad stories are there? Let’s see: Is Cinderella a salad story? She did have a pumpkin, though I don’t think anyone ended up eating that. What about Jack and the Beanstalk? Well, my salad of the day contains neither pumpkins nor beans so I guess that one does not work either.
How about a cheesy story? Now I love all food equally (except for an ongoing feud with cauliflower I just can’t get over), but cheese is special. The thing I love about cheese is that it comes in all forms and tastes and it can be so different. Diversity is good. It is good everywhere, but it is especially got in a diet. Now, cheese is not my favourite food, but that is because I don’t really pick favourites in that department (and if anyone of you can make me love cauliflower too I am open to the experience), however I had one of my best friends come over to dinner a couple of days ago and she is the greatest cheese lover I have seen. The admiration people can have for cheese (and wine) is really something. So, she is my cheese buff and every time she comes over I have to bring out cheese in one form or another or I will feel as if I had failed her. In that spirit and devoted to all the cheese lovers out there in need of their greens, I have come up with this very simple salad.

Arugula and Blue Cheese Salad


Difficulty: Easy
Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients

100g arugula salad
10 cherry tomatoes
100g blue cheese
Extra-virgin olive oil
Balsamic vinegar


Wash your salad and drain well. Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters or halves, depending on their size and add them to the arugula followed by cubes of blue cheese. Season the salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

No comments :

Post a Comment